Android Reef Angel Status

Community contributed apps
Sacohen

Re: Android Reef Angel Status

Post by Sacohen »

I'll give it a try. Thanks for the great work and Happy Holidays to tou too.

Sent from my HTC One VX using Tapatalk
clw143

Post by clw143 »

Does the droid app have functionality for ATO alarm or overheat alarm to actually indicate that it is in alarm?

I can clear it via the app but there is no indication IF it needs cleared.
binder

Post by binder »

clw143 wrote:Does the droid app have functionality for ATO alarm or overheat alarm to actually indicate that it is in alarm?

I can clear it via the app but there is no indication IF it needs cleared.
Not currently. That functionality is possible with the latest version of the libraries but it's not implemented yet.
TanksNStuff

Post by TanksNStuff »

You do have the option to show ATO LOW and/or ATO HIGH status on the controller screen of the droid app. These will tell you if the float switch is activated (On) or not (Off).

What I do to check if ATO needs to be cleared is to check if the ATO relay switch is On or Off. If it's Off but the ATO LOW is On... then it needs to be cleared.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
ReEfnWrX

Post by ReEfnWrX »

So today all of a sudden I was unable to update my Controller status on my app... I logged into the portal and was able to connect and receive updated information... I got home, via the local IP I can update the app... Via my external IP I cannot, whether connected to my home wifi or through 4G. I have restarted my phone, rebooted the controller, rebooted my router, verified my port forwarding and DHCP reservation (although the router doesnt seem to be the issue since I was always able to update via portal....

It seems like I am having an issue with the app specifically. Any ideas?
binder

Post by binder »

ReEfnWrX wrote:So today all of a sudden I was unable to update my Controller status on my app... I logged into the portal and was able to connect and receive updated information... I got home, via the local IP I can update the app... Via my external IP I cannot, whether connected to my home wifi or through 4G. I have restarted my phone, rebooted the controller, rebooted my router, verified my port forwarding and DHCP reservation (although the router doesnt seem to be the issue since I was always able to update via portal....

It seems like I am having an issue with the app specifically. Any ideas?
Hmm....what error was the app giving you? was it a timeout issue or a parser error? are you able to pull up the controller's internal web page (http://PUBLICIP:2000/wifi) from your phone on a web browser? i have noticed that sometimes the way the smart phones work, they are a little bit slower than our desktop/laptop companions.
If it is timing out with the connection, under the settings there is a section that you can adjust the timeout values and lengthen them. that "could" make a difference with your problems.
ReEfnWrX

Post by ReEfnWrX »

I've been using the App with no issues at all for about a month. I had increased the timeouts about two weeks ago to try to decrease the frequency of timeouts occurring...

Also, I just got an email from reeftronics. it is not getting a response from my Wifi either, they stopped logging so it is not just the app... very strange.....
binder

Post by binder »

ReEfnWrX wrote:I've been using the App with no issues at all for about a month. I had increased the timeouts about two weeks ago to try to decrease the frequency of timeouts occurring...

Also, I just got an email from reeftronics. it is not getting a response from my Wifi either, they stopped logging so it is not just the app... very strange.....
yes, that is strange indeed.
ReEfnWrX

Post by ReEfnWrX »

Definitely not the App... My IP changed... which is weird, it typically changes two or 3 times max a year... and it just changed a month and a half ago... strange.. Maybe I need to figure out a good dyn DNS service
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

Binder;

I have a request for the next update of the app.

It it possible to display the mode that the DC pumps are running in.
IE ReefCrest, Logoon, Tidal Swell...
binder

Post by binder »

Sacohen wrote:Binder;

I have a request for the next update of the app.

It it possible to display the mode that the DC pumps are running in.
IE ReefCrest, Logoon, Tidal Swell...
Yes, I believe it should be possible. I can add it to my list of things to work on.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

Great.

Sent from my HTC One VX using Tapatalk
phrusher

Post by phrusher »

Any thoughts on switching to Android Studio instead of eclipse? :)
binder

Post by binder »

phrusher wrote:Any thoughts on switching to Android Studio instead of eclipse? :)
actually yes. I have looked into it a little but haven't had the chance or time to make the switch. I am also in the process of removing the usage of the 2 external library dependencies. :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7
phrusher

Post by phrusher »

Ok, so you are planning to up the lowest version? 4.1+?
binder

Post by binder »

phrusher wrote:Ok, so you are planning to up the lowest version? 4.1+?
no. I'm still planning on keeping it in the 2.3 version. if I recall, I can still do that by using the compat libraries.

Sent from my Nexus 7
pandimus

Post by pandimus »

What is the cause of the error 11?
binder

Post by binder »

pandimus wrote:What is the cause of the error 11?
It has something to do with the URL. It can come from the controller terminating the connection too quickly or there was an input/output error reading from the controller.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Theres a flush buffer or something that you should make sure is big enough. I forget the parameter but that took care of it when it was affecting the iphone app.
pandimus

Post by pandimus »

Is odd because I get it, then it refresh and then connection is fine. So that can be fixed on my controller side of app side?
pandimus

Post by pandimus »

I've constantly got error 11 and error 15 on my notifications
binder

Post by binder »

pandimus wrote:Is odd because I get it, then it refresh and then connection is fine. So that can be fixed on my controller side of app side?
i get it at times too. try setting the error refresh to 2 or 3 and have the retry interval to 5 or 10 seconds.

Sent from my Moto X
pandimus

Post by pandimus »

binder wrote:
pandimus wrote:Is odd because I get it, then it refresh and then connection is fine. So that can be fixed on my controller side of app side?
i get it at times too. try setting the error refresh to 2 or 3 and have the retry interval to 5 or 10 seconds.

Sent from my Moto X
Done I'll see how it works out..
wtitb

Post by wtitb »

Hi,

what a great app! Many many thanks for it. I'm using it with an old android phone as a "remote" for the RA mounted directly on the wall behind my tank. Today I've found the notifications in your app, another great thing. I was wondering if one could setup the ringtone for the notifications to be continous? So it would be a nice replacement for the buzzer.

cheers,
Christian
binder

Post by binder »

wtitb wrote:Hi,

what a great app! Many many thanks for it. I'm using it with an old android phone as a "remote" for the RA mounted directly on the wall behind my tank. Today I've found the notifications in your app, another great thing. I was wondering if one could setup the ringtone for the notifications to be continous? So it would be a nice replacement for the buzzer.

cheers,
Christian
I'm not sure if I could set that feature up. I will have to look into continuous notification sounds and see what all it requires.
wtitb

Post by wtitb »

many thanks for trying it! :)
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

Just because you aren't busy enough. :D

I would love to see a re-design of the relay pages so they were more like the commands page. I.e., big square buttons.

Thanks,

--Colin
binder

Post by binder »

cosmith71 wrote:Just because you aren't busy enough. :D

I would love to see a re-design of the relay pages so they were more like the commands page. I.e., big square buttons.

Thanks,

--Colin
haha...yeah, i've not liked the relay pages for a while now and have been wanting to do something "better" for them. still haven't come up with anything better yet.
Ademster

Post by Ademster »

Short of deleting the app, and starting over. How can I get the expansion Relay deleted off the main page?
I have disabled it in the settings page. As soon as I go back to the main screen and flip the pages, it is still there!
Adam
58 Gal
binder

Post by binder »

Ademster wrote:Short of deleting the app, and starting over. How can I get the expansion Relay deleted off the main page?
I have disabled it in the settings page. As soon as I go back to the main screen and flip the pages, it is still there!
make sure you uncheck "auto update modules".

Sent from my Moto X